St Peter's Anglican Church Parham

The enormous ceiling is an eye catching wooden ribbed structure. With its fine mason work walls it is a building fitting for the oldest town in Antigua. After becoming the first successful English settlement in 1632, Parham became the capital of British Antigua & Barbuda.

The original wooden church dates back to 1711 but was destroyed by fire. It's replacement was taken down in 1754. The current structure suffered considerable damage during an 1843 earthquake.

The current Parish Priest is Rev. Fr. Elroy Zakers.

1/1
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Instagram

A striking looking church designed by Thomas Weekes in the centre of Parham Town.

Outside of Europe this octagonal design is rarely seen, it is a masterpiece of ecclesiastic Georgian architecture built in the Palladian manner in 1840.

Telephone:

+1-268-723-9833 or +1-268-736-4549

VISIT

US

Opening Hours:

Please see our website for notices and services.

CONTACT

US

The Antigua & Barbuda Marine Guide © 2021 by Lightwave Publications Ltd.

  • Instagram